Sunday, June 6, 2010

Follow your dreams, they know the way.

So, for the few people who are actually reading this blog, I know you
have been patiently waiting for an update so here a recap of a few of
the things that have happened over the past week...

I learned that if you attempt to visit both Veronna and Venice is one
day, pay attention to train times... And weather. We only got to spend
an hour in Venice... In the rain. O well. Like I said, lesson learned.

We found a Mexican restaurant in Florence with great margaritas. Of
course we were all game to eat something that wasn't italian.

Then we visited the restaurant the next night. Of course with a few
different people and different flavor margaritas. Mango was the best.

I also went to watch the Prince of Persia (in English of course) but
the Italian subtitles were very annoying. I kept wanting to read the
subtitles instead of listen then I would realize that I can't read it.
Haha But, it was a good movie. Cool theater too. They served wine of
course.

And I'm still not a fan of wine. I will pass on that one.

Thursday we had a potluck at the Deans apartment and watched the
sunset from his rooftop terrace. It was alot of fun. We all enjoyed
sitting around and telling stories about stuff that had been happening.

Sidenote: our hot water has now been broken three times.

So one of those stories... We have a pub that is a few doors down from
our apartment. It's a very small place but obviously popular because
people spill out onto the streets late at night. And some end up
laying in the streets and such. We all have windows kind of facing
this pub except Allison. Well one night we were all in our rooms
getting ready for bed when we heard... And I'm not kidding when I say
this, dinosaur noises. No joke. Someone had a microphone or voice
changer or something. We had a good laugh. The people that visithis
pub don't slow down or leave till about 4 in the morning or even
later. We swear we heard gunshots at one point too. That was a long
explanation to a not so great story.

Now on to Friday...

Me, Sarah, Allison, and Megan decided to go to Pisa to see the
somewhat disappointing leaning tower. We took the typical pictures and
then decided to head to the beach which was only 15 minutes away by
bus. We walked around the beach and had supper then finally decided to
head back. It was kinda late but we rode the bus back to Pisa train
station... And missed the last train to florence for the night by 30
minutes. We had looked at the times but obviously not close enough.
So, we had to wait for 2 hours to catch a bus back home. Funny thing
is, about an hour after being in the station two other people from our
group walked through the station to catch the bus also bc they had done
the same thing in Livorno. Interesting story, huh. Well not really but
we learned from it.

Bad thing abot it was that we were leaving at 5:30 the next morning
to head to Cinque Terre.

But the good thing is that me and Sarah spent all day Saturday napping
and laying out at the beach. Great day to relax. It was so pretty too.
And the water was super clear. And ZERO jellyfish (and oil)

We did the exact same thing on Sunday.

Best weekend of the trip, but I love the water and the sun so it was
perfect for me.

Oh, and I ate a tomato. So you can't pester me about not liking
tomatos when I say I've never tried one. Cause now I have. And I will
never eat one by itself ever again. Lol

Me and Sarah didn't hike any of the trails but we don't regret it. If
I go back again, I will spend some more time there and hike some of
the trails. I will add that to my bucket list.

It's been a great two weeks. I'm getting tired of eating cereal
though. I'm ready for sweet tea and something not Italian.

I get to see Ryan and Gray tomorrow! Yay!

Well, that is all for now. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment